This innovative program offers students an authentic entrepreneurship experience of turning ideas into reality. In the yearlong course, students have the opportunity to create and fully develop their own product or service. Real entrepreneurs and business experts serve as volunteer coaches and mentors guiding student teams through the processes of developing hypotheses about a business concept, testing those hypotheses, adapting, and continually learning and improving. This cycle of experimentation is combined with foundational business content such as marketing and finance.
INCubatoredu prepares students for the complexity of the challenges facing the world today by developing necessary 21st skills such as adaptability, collaboration, critical thinking, creativity, and problem-solving.
Read more coverage of the District’s Incubator programs...
- Investors award $30,000 to top business pitches during Pitch Night (May 21, 2018)
- District 211 to hold Business Incubator Pitch Night (May 14, 2018)
- All-girl business team pitches concept to area women business leaders (February 15, 2018)
- PHS, CHS students win big at District 211 Business Incubator Pitch Night (June 15, 2017)
- Slideshow: Business Incubator students compete at District 211 Pitch Night (June 1 2016)
- D211 students compete in upcoming Business Incubator Pitch Night Event (May 16, 2016)
- Incubator class offers SHS students real-life opportunity (January 12, 2016)