The Ronny Riba Memorial Scholarship, sponsored by the Ronny Riba Memorial Foundation, exists to honor the life, spirit and passion of Ronny Riba, a 2005 Schaumburg High School graduate. Ronny’s positive impact was felt by many during his brief nineteen years – family, friends, teachers and students alike. In Ronny’s memory an annual award of $2,500 will be made to a graduating Schaumburg High School student. The award recipient will exemplify an extraordinary level of spirited passion for helping others, shown to be a warm and caring friend, satisfy academic requirements and intend to pursue an education that leads to a career focused on easing the pain and suffering of fellow mankind.
Ronny was an AP student, graduating 18th in a class of 692, and University of Arizona scholarship recipient, yet was equally proud and passionate about his involvement with Students Helping Others (SHO). His lofty, yet sincere career goal, was to cure cancer and help the suffering by discovering the depths of biology not yet understood. The intent of the award is to recognize and help support the efforts of individuals in the achievement of their goals and aspirations to help others.
Requirements for application:
- Graduating senior of Schaumburg High School seeking higher education
- Demonstrated compassion and caring for less fortunate - servant heart
- Pursuing an education in health sciences with career aspirations of helping to ease mankind’s pain and suffering
- 3.5 or higher grade point average
- Submit up to two letters of recommendation
- Submit High School transcript with completed application
- Available for personal interview, if requested
- Award to be used for tuition, fees, books and supplies
Award: One $2,500 scholarship
Deadline for application: March 6, 2017.
For more information and application forms, please contact the Student Services department at your High School.
Download Application Here
Posted on Wed, February 24, 2016
by LinksLite filed under